Current Employment Opportunities:
Rentals Prep Technician – Full Time
Lorne Lapham Sales & Rentals is seeking to add a Rentals Prep Technician to join our team. As a source for video and motion picture products, we have been serving the vibrant Vancouver film production community for over 30 years. Clients rely on our knowledge and experience in Camera, Video Accessories, Lighting, Audio, Tripods, Stabilizers and many other products.
We are looking for someone who is hard working, organized, a great communicator, and has incredible attention to detail. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and filmmaking. You keep up to date with all the latest industry trends and research new products that interest you. You excel in a team environment and work well under pressure.
A background in videography and customer service is vital. Knowledge of Arri, RED, Canon, Sony, Panasonic, and Blackmagic cameras is needed, as well as many other lighting and support brands. The ideal candidate will have past experience with a rental or production company in the camera, lighting, or grip department or have completed/enrolled in a film related post-secondary program.
The Rentals Tech’s responsibilities will include:
- Testing and maintaining our large inventory of equipment.
- Preparing equipment orders for customers.
- Processing returns and performing initial inspections of rental equipment.
- Following up with customers regarding lost or damaged items.
- Review, update, and intake new inventory into our rental tracking application.
- Recognizing items needing repair and coordinating with our service department to expedite the process.
- Collaborating with staff and management with in-house projects to improve efficiency and quality.
- Helping with daily duties such as cleaning and organizing the rentals department, as well as shop opening and/or closing procedures.
- Greeting clients in a professional and friendly manner.
- Loading in/out of rental packages into customer’s vehicles.
- Physical effort required – frequent Lifting of cases and equipment
- On site training will be given to update the successful candidate
- New equipment is demonstrated and tested on an ongoing basis
- Full time position (Monday to Friday) with occasional overtime and attendance of trade events
Please send CV to employment(at)llsr.com